R.I.P. Nelson Mandela
Shop for New Year’s Eve Dresses
1. Bless’ed Are The Meek Serpent Queen Dress
2. Unforgettable Lace Maxi Dress
3. Dress The Population Lola Sequin Dress
4. Spectacle Sequin Dress
New York City’s largest solar energy installation will be built at Freshkills Park in Staten Island, producing enough energy to power more than 2,000 homes. Read more on NYC.gov.
<3 sunset <3
On-demand design tweaks at USD 15 a pop
Companies such as TaskRabbit have already spearheaded the crowdsourced jobs movement for those that can’t — or don’t want to — perform small chores themselves. Created by freelance design community 99designs, Swiftly is a new resource for technophobes who need a quick digital design job completing in a couple of hours. READ MORE…
Did we hear free public WiFi? As part of NYCEDC’s Wireless Corridor Challenge, Mayor Bloomberg awarded grants to 5 organizations to expand free wireless networks in their neighborhoods.
Free public WiFi will be launched across the five boroughs:
- Brooklyn: along the Fulton Street corridor, BAM Cultural District, Brownsville, and Downtown Brooklyn
- Manhattan: in the Flatiron District, along the Water Street Corridor and the East River waterfront in Lower Manhattan, the 125th Street corridor in Harlem and on Roosevelt Island
- Queens: Long Island City
- Staten Island: in the St. George commercial district
- Bronx: on Fordham Road, as well as other areas citywide.
Here’s to greater connectivity for the city!
Photo via NYC Mayor’s Office